List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: karbon being DPI based (was karbon)
From:       Shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2003-10-26 18:18:33

James,

I know that it can be frustrating when other don't seem to understand your
request (and I include myself in that set, though I have read and re-read
this thread).

But, please assume that the people here *are* in fact trying to understand/
help. If we don't get it, and you do want us to, then I'm afraid you will
have to persevere :-)

Now, I think I am beginning to understand your last note:

> What I suggested wast that in addition to other measurement: "Units" that
> an additional one: 'DPI' be added and that the user be able to choose the
> number of DPI which he wished to use.  Or, lacking that that 1200 DPI be
> offered to start with, like WordPerfect and other applications offer.

except that I don't understand how DPI is a unit of measurement...are you
perhaps asking that DPI be offered as a Unit choice, and have this internally
converted into a value of (1/DPI)?

Thanks, Shaheed