List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with KOffice desktop files
From:       Jesse Yurkovich <yurkjes () iit ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-24 19:29:06

Hmm, I tried two different things.  I had already deleted all relevant koffice
things from my ~/.kde/share directories but I also tried moving kmail and
konq config stuff out of the way but that didn't work.  I also tried the
check installation script and this is what I got for kspread:

Found: /usr/kde/3.1/share/applnk/Office/kspread.desktop... ok, this is a
KOfficePart
Native mimetype : X-KDE-NativeMimeType=application/x-kspread

Service Types dir /home/jesse/.kde/share/servicetypes/
Service Types dir /usr/kde/3.1/share/servicetypes/
Found /usr/kde/3.1/share/servicetypes/kofficepart.desktop
[PropertyDef::X-KDE-NativeMimeType]

Everything looks ok

The only thing is though I tried with root and after clearing /root/.kde
kspread worked for root.  I should note that I did not logout and then log
back into kde when I tried the above.  Is that necessary?

-Jesse