List:       koffice
Subject:    Importing iCalendar files into Korganizer
From:       "Eugene Nine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2003-09-09 1:07:18

I'm attempting to convert my outlook data to Korganizer.  I found a project
on sourceforge.net called Outport that allowed me to export my Outlook
calendar to iCalendar (.ics) files.  It makes a separate file for each entry
though so I will have some way to easily import.  Has anyone either:
1. A script of some sort to repeatedly import .ics files for a few thousand
loops.
2. Some way to combine all the .ics files into one.

I have attempted #2 by combining the files.  If I manually copy and paste
two .ics files together then edit out the extra BEGIN:, PRODID:, VERSION:,
etc tags I can get it to import fine.  This worked with the two to three I
tried to combine manually.  So to combine the thousands I copy all of them
to one big file, then search and replace the tags that are not needed, so
all I'm left with are the BEGIN:VEVENT and END:EVENT statements and the data
between and the BEGIN:VCALENDAR and END:VCALENDAR at the beginning and
ending of the whole file.  The format looks correct and Outlook can import
the data but when I try to merge with Korganizer it errors out with
"couldn't load calendar".

Is there a file size limitation to korganizer?  Something else I'm missing?

Thanks for any help
Eugene