List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [cmols@mail.4bcs.net: Having A little Trouble!]
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2003-08-29 8:33:12

Hi!

> ----- Forwarded message from "jimmy a. ford" <cmols@mail.4bcs.net> -----
> I am currently running a 7.1 Red Hat Linux Server and XStations. The
> KWORD that came with the Linux was version 1.0 and the KDE version
> 2.1.1. Many times when working in KWORD my cursor would turn different
> colors. The same thing happens when I am highlighting text. When I'm
> importing pictures, sometimes they would disappear on me.

The current stable version of KDE is 3.1.3 and the current stable version of
KOffice is 1.2.1 and 1.3 is expected to be released in September.

So I guess your problems could be solved by updating to the latest versions.
Especially KOffice has much improved since the 1.0 release.

Packages for KDE and KOffice can be found here:

http://download.kde.org/

Please note that these packages are for RedHat 9 (KDE) and RedHat 8 (KOffice).
I don't know if there are packages for RedHat 7.1 available so maybe you want
to try installing KDE and KOffice from sources:

http://www.koffice.org/download/source.php
http://developer.kde.org/build/index.html

	Percy