List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Opening a Kword file with MS-Word
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-08-25 12:15:49

If you are really trying to read native KWord file in MS-Word, you will have
no luck. (It does not support the file formats of any open source word
processors.)

You have to use another file format between these two programs. RTF (Rich Text
Format) would be the best. If you have problems with your specific file, you
can also export from KWord in HTML. (Be just careful that KWord cannot read
HTML correctly back!)

Have a nice day!