List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice applications fail to start
From:       Mark Arrasmith <arrasmith () math ! wichita ! edu>
Date:       2003-08-15 20:20:17

On Friday 15 August 2003 02:55 pm, Andrew Benson wrote:
> OK - if I do what you suggested then I can run kword etc. just fine during
> the clean .kde login - so it seems like a problem in the .kde config files

Well you have two choices.  A. Use the clean version and put all your personal
configuration back in (kmail, bookmarks, etc).  You can back up the two most
important things :) easily (kmail settings and bookmarks).  B.  You can
remove the koffice settings to just reset those.  Only the first option
requires logging out and moving things around from a text login at first.

A) Clean kde with backing up kmail and bookmarks ...

	(from text login)

	mv .kde .kderc old_kde/
	mv clean_kde/.kde* ~/

	Now log out of the text login and log back into kde.  And inside of
	kde you can move the needed files back.  (use konq or whatever)
	What you need are ...

	old_kde/.kde/share/config/kmailrc (file)
	old_kde/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc (file)
	old_kde/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc (file)
	old_kde/.kde/share/apps/kmail (directory)
	old_kde/.kde/share/apps/konqueror (directory)

	and move them to their respective ~/.kde/ locations.

OR just delete the koffice stuff ...

B) deleting the koffice stuff

	from inside kde (use konq or whatever) delete the following ...

	.kde/share/apps/koffice
	.kde/share/config/kwordrc
	.kde/share/config/kspreadrc
	.kde/share/config/kpresenterrc
	.kde/share/config/kivo*

either way kword, etc should then work.

- mark

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  There's a
knob called "brightness", but it doesn't seem to work.