List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice 1.2.91 problems
From:       rwlbuis () xs4all ! nl
Date:       2003-07-17 7:33:28

Hi,

> Trace from gdb:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /opt/kde3/bin/karbon
> [New Thread 1024 (LWP 13579)]

> [Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 13579)]
> 0x413a050d in art_bez_path_to_vec () from
> /usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x413a050d in art_bez_path_to_vec ()
>    from /usr/local/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2
> (gdb)

Thats unfortunately very little to go by. It could be null/invalid pointer
passed into art_bez_path_to_vec (unlikely), path not starting with moveto
(unlikely), corrupted mem (ie overwritten). But this is all speculation.
If you feel adventurous you could try to debug and inspect the path
datastructure. Also I think in libart there is the VERBOSE flag, which you
can define so you can see if it does a few steps in the processing, ie. it
could fail when converting moveto, lineto or curveto segments. Since I
cant reproduce it here this is the best advice I can give atm :(
Since the crashing function is called from either VKoPainter::fillPath or
VKoPainter::strokePath, it would already help me if I knew what kind of
shape was being drawn.
Cheers,

Rob.