List:       koffice
Subject:    koffice 1.2.91 problems
From:       Joerg Stadermann <jstadermann () gmxpro ! de>
Date:       2003-07-16 8:33:56

Hi,

I installed koffice 1.2.91 from cvs and I like it very much,
especially the new templates and the new 'Open Document' dialog.

I only have two issues:

KWord MS Word filter
With version 1.2.1 I could import msword docs, but the new filter
doesn't work at all. I did install wv2 (wv2-01) and the filter
seemed to build ok but kword refuses to open msword files giving
the message 'could not open foo.doc'.

Karbon
Karbon is segfaulting without any messages even when started from
a terminal. I re-compiled it with debugging enabled but I
couldn't generate a usable backtrace. I managed to get a core
dump if that's of any use.

My system
RedHat 7.0 base installation with lots of updates
kernel 2.4.21
kde 3.1.2 fom cvs
koffice 1.2.91 from cvs (KOFFICE_1_3_BETA2)
X 4.10
gcc 2.96-85 (I tried with 295.3 as well)
glibc 2.2.4

TIA for any pointers especially for the Karbon problem. I really
miss a vector graphics app.

Joerg