List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Reproduable bug - KSpread crashes when opening Microsoft Excel
From:       Percy Leonhardt <percy () eris23 ! de>
Date:       2003-06-28 15:08:07

On Saturday 28 June 2003 16:01, Sean Power wrote:
>    I would really really like to use KSpread to load a Macintosh OS X
> Microsoft Excel document. The offending document can be found here:
> http://www.coopstlaurent.org/eod.xls

Hi Sean,

I just checked with KSpread from CVS and the file doesn't crash anymore, so
this bugs seems to be fixed for KOffice 1.3. But the resulting document looks
very broken i.e. the filter doesn't seem to be able to read the file
properly.

When opening the file in OpenOffice Calc, saving it as .sxc and then opening
it with KSpread it looks much better. So maybe this is an alternative for you
but please be aware that KSpread is not able to save a document in excel
format but it can save documents in OpenOffice Calc format.

	Percy :-)