List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde-linux] HELP :-)  User installed fonts won't print
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-06-24 17:35:23

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:04:51PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Thomas Zander wrote:

>>>If you are not; then the end-product (the postscript) will not print using
>>>your font.
>>
>>If you have the fonts correctly set up for GhostScript, then it prints the
>>fonts correctly.  Simple.
>

> Not for postscript compatible printers. That includes many network printers.

This concerns getting PostScript files without embedded fonts to print
using GhostScript.

Why bring up irrelevant things?  What is the point.

And I note a point which many do not understand: with a (non-PostScript)
network printer, it doesn't matter where the printer is, what matters is
where the RIP program (usually GhostScript) runs.

--
JRT