List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde-linux] HELP :-)  User installed fonts won't print
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-06-23 7:20:20

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 07:27:36PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>
>>>Perhaps someone on this list would give this a try.
>>>
>>>However, I am afraid that this problem is not solvable with CUPS -- that
>>>it is a CUPS bug that ESP will have to address.
>>
>>I didn't mean to sound so pessimistic.  This fix should make system wide
>>fonts available to CUPS without embedding them.  Provided that they are
>>setup correctly for GhostScript.
>

> You have no idea what you are talking about when you say that.
> The art of font-embedding is not a very simple one.

Perhaps if you read it again, you would see that what I am talking about is
printing using GhostScript WITHOUT embedding the fonts in the PS data files.

I am NOT in any way talking about embedding fonts.

Perhaps it would help if you tried the fix that I posted on KDE-Bugzila
before making comments on it.  It appears to work perfectly on my system
with GNUlpr but I have not been able to try it with CUPS because the CUPS
GS device won't build with GCC-3.3.

--
JRT