List:       koffice
Subject:    KDE, QT & UTF8
From:       Bharathi S <bharathi () lantana ! tenet ! res ! in>
Date:       2003-06-18 8:24:27

Hello,

Recently I installed the QT 3.2.0 Beta1. I created a sample app using
textedit. In that, I am able to view the UTF8 contents, with few
errors.

I open the same utf8 file in KWord (KDE 3) and I am able to view with
very less no .of errors.

So I got a doubt that, Whether KDE is using the QT rendering engine OR
it's own rendering engine ?? Bcoz occording to Lars Knoll statement,
in QT 3.2.0 only the support for Indic languages is included. But I am
able to view the indic contents in KDE 3 itself.

Thanks,
--
Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team,   (__)
DON Lab,    TeNeT Group,     oo )

Learn By Listening. Understand By Reflecting.