List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWrite and XML documents
From:       nicolasg () snafu ! de
Date:       2003-06-16 16:47:21

I suppose that you are talking about KWord (KWrite is a simple text editor in
KDE.)

KWord's document are put into a ZIP file.

But even if you unzip the file and use the raw XML file (called maindoc.xml),
you will not go far away. XML does not mean that everything can be read
everywhere. (Compare it to something like for example that English, French and
German are using Latin letters but are not the same language.)

So now for your problem, I would suggest to save additionally in HTML (or
XHTML). But please save your document in the KWord format too, as KWord cannot
import HTML correctly.

(With KOffice 1.3 Beta, you could try using RTF from or to another word
processor.)

Have a nice day!