List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Keep up the good work!
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2003-06-10 13:54:33

Le Mardi 10 Juin 2003 13:38, Ryan Denlinger a écrit :
> Hey you guys!
>
> I recently switched from a GNOME environment to KDE 2.2.2
> (I like to keep to Debian's Stable packages) and I've found I've
> been kidding myself using GNOME for so many months!
> I'm very impressed by KOffice, and all your programs which
> actually have SPELLCHECKERS! Since when did GNOME
> "Office" have a set of programs which EACH had a spell
> checker!

Hello,

You are not doomed to use KDE 2.2.2 and a old version of KOffice. There are
packages that you can apt-get for woody on download.kde.org with a few extra
lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list

Look :
http://www.kde.org/info/3.1.2.php
http://download.kde.org/download.php

KDE 3.1.2 and the latest version of KOffice is more stable, secure and even
faster than KDE 2.2.2.

It is safer to uninstall all KDE 2.2.2 packages and arts before installing the
new ones.

Cheers,
Charles
--