List:       koffice
Subject:    Keep up the good work!
From:       Ryan Denlinger <ryanden () lanset ! com>
Date:       2003-06-10 11:38:23

Hey you guys!

I recently switched from a GNOME environment to KDE 2.2.2
(I like to keep to Debian's Stable packages) and I've found I've
been kidding myself using GNOME for so many months!
I'm very impressed by KOffice, and all your programs which
actually have SPELLCHECKERS! Since when did GNOME
"Office" have a set of programs which EACH had a spell
checker!

I'm especially impressed by this new Kexi program. Even though
I use phpMyAdmin to manage the mySQL database I use,
it certaintly isn't bug-free or user-friendly enough for someone
who's used Access for years.

BTW, thanks for an EXCELLENT spreadsheet program!
I needed 1,000 random numbers several nights ago for this
project, and I had them in about five minutes, exported to
text, and was able to import it right into the mySQL database.

Oh, and KOrganizer actually PRINTS with a GOOD LAYOUT!
unlike Gnome Calendar. I actually had to use the Gimp to
get a picture of the weekly view, headaches... Besides, the
KDE desktop and panel are, really, light years ahead of the
GNOME desktop and panel.

Thank you and please, keep going above and beyond!

Some things GNOME can do.
For everything else there's KDE!
--
Ryan Denlinger