List:       koffice
Subject:    KOffice Consistency
From:       Ben Lamb <koffice () zurgy ! org>
Date:       2003-05-26 19:11:06

Hi,

I've been looking at the KOffice apps and where IMHO the UI could be
improved. There are some minor areas where it is ever so slightly
inconsistent between apps which I'd like to fix.

For example: Vivio lets you adjust the size of the tab bar Vs the
horizontal scrollbar, KSpread doesn't.

I'm trying to fix this myself by creating a QSplitter and adding the
KSpreadTabBar to it. These are created in the KSpreadView constructor in
kspread_view.cc. However, I cannot discover where these objects are
added to the parent container, please could someone give me a pointer?

Second thing I want to fix:
Undo/redo drop-down menus on the toolbar and a descriptive undo/redo
option on the menu. This has recently been added to KWord, is anyone
working on adding it to KSpread. If not, does anyone mind if I have a go?

I've looked at the KWord code and see there is some shared KOffice UI
code in kocommandhistory.cc that I can use.

Item 3: Both Kivio and KSpread have a tabbar with similiar code, is this
something that could go into KOffice UI?

Finally, why does KSpread have it's own (out-of-date) copy of KCalc,
couldn't it just run the version in kdeutils?

Many thanks,

Ben.