List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice-1.2.90 build/run problem
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2003-05-25 16:37:47

On Saturday 24 May 2003 17:57, Sergiy Kudryk wrote:
>  Hello people
>

>  Can somebody assist me ?
>
>  I have a problem with koffice 1.2.90 compilation/running.
>  I recompile this project several times (without qsa support)
>  ..  after succesfull building i can't get any applications
>  running (everything dies after several seconds without any warning
>  in terminal).

Sounds like the famous installation problem - please run
koffice/tools/scripts/check_koffice_install.sh

>  Strace shows that kword gets sighup after trying
>  initialize ole-powerpoint .. Looks very strange to me ..
KWord certainly doesn't use ole-powerpoint....

>  In inet i found some info (related to "-leditor" error) .. i recompile/install
>  qt-3.1.1 with thread support enabled and successfully build and install
>  qsa-beta3, but after this koffice configure script claims about absent kde plugins for UIC :

You need to recompile kdelibs if you do that.

>  So my question is next (maybe stupid) - what the build requirements
>  for koffice-1.2.90 to get it running ?
Installing it into the same prefix as the rest of KDE, is the simplest solution.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer