List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kformula esstix fonts not working
From:       Ulrich Kuettler <ulrich.kuettler () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2003-05-05 18:06:45

On Sunday 04 May 2003 18:55, Toan T Nguyen wrote:

> Hi, just a thought. Can we somehow transform LaTeX fonts into TTF fonts.
> The AmsSymb package are very good.

There are TrueType and Type1 versions of these fine TeX fonts.
(/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/*.pfb) But these are meant to be
used by dvips and don't seem to work properly with X11. It's difficult to
install these fonts because they're all called "Computer Modern". And the
last time I tried the \kappa was "missing". To me it seems these fonts don't
make things better. But I might be wrong...

Greetings,
Uli