List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: formulas in kword!
From:       <vailima () chilitech ! net>
Date:       2003-05-05 12:41:30

Mr. Faure;

Just read your posting, and perhaps this may be of some help, perhaps late but still, \
and hopefully of some help.

> From the sound of it, it appears that you've lost some files; i.e., can't be read \
> by the current OS or word processing files which came with it. While new to the \
> world of LINUX but one with long experience in the worlf of MS/DOS and Windows, you \
> might want to consider employing the following:

If you are using a specific word processor type (spread sheets and the like are also \
included in this suggestion) after you save the given work, re-save it in ASCII (aka \
the "text" format). Use the same name but save it in *.txt. If and for any reason you \
change, for example, word processors, at this point in time I'm not aware of any \
(LINUX or MS based) word processors which will not ul an ASCII file. The same applies \
of spread sheets; know of any spread sheets which will not ul CSV (Coma Seperated \
Values) spread sheet files?

As for you're finding out that in LINUX, the newer file upgrades as offered along \
with a given new OS upgrade will not read files generated by comparable software, \
identical software which is only one version behind that which you;ve so recently \
upgraded to, this is not the first I've heard of this when dealing with LINUX - and \
in that regard, and no matter how well intended, I for one do not fully trust LINUX \
developers; keep in mind most LINUX programmers are "volunteers" as opposed to paid \
professionals writing for MS based files.

Best of luck to you and hopefully this was of some help :-)