List:       koffice
Subject:    using kivio drawings in other applications
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-04-22 20:13:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello! I have a problem in Kivio that may be relevant to other Koffice applications. \
I am currently working on a paper and have decided to do it in Latex (with support of \
Lyx). Sorry, but I tried in Kword and it didn't have enough desired features to make \
it possible (yet). This paper will have a number of diagrams. When I make these in \
Kivio (not the greatest of programs, but more or less ok) I have a reasonable result, \
that prints relatively well. When I export (printing to file in either .ps or .pdf \
format) this drawing to be incorporated in my Latex document, the output is very bad. \
With the .pdf option I can fiddle with some settings and increasing the dpi is \
increasing the quality but... When I make the diagram in dia and export this to a .ps \
format the overall result in my Latex document is much better. The overall appearance \
is sharper, whereas the output from kivio is very coarse. Why is this? And why can't \
I get a crisp output as in programs running in windows (aargh!! the terrible word :-) \
) Regards Marc