List:       koffice
Subject:    Kexi - QSA vs KJSEmbed
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2003-03-27 0:18:16

Hello,

I noticed, from reading the dot, that Kexi will be incorporating the Trolls'
QSA for embedded scripting. I was wondering why that was chosen over KDE's
own KJSEmbed - http://xmelegance.org/kjsembed/tutorial/kjsembed.html

Rich Moore gave a brief comparison of the two when QSA was announced on the
dot - http://dot.kde.org/1040319889/1040329437/1040334024/1040387004/ - and
it seems that he has put a lot of work into KJSEmbed in recent months since
then. KJSEmbed looks like the natural choice (over QSA) for a KDE app and
Kexi would seem like an excellent place to really put it to the test.

Just wondering. Any comments?

Cheers,
Sean
--
Sean McGlynn
sean@tmiau.com

It has been pointed out to me that a recent email sig of mine
may have caused offence to accordion players. For this I humbly apologise :-)