On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Lars Knoll wrote: > > On Monday 24 March 2003 16:06, Bharathi S wrote: > > > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Lars Knoll wrote: > > > May be for Unicode only. But We are having lot of internal > > > encodings. So We like to provide a encoding independent > > > solution. Anyway it need some rule files for each encoding stds. > > No, it doesn't. Unicode encodes everything you need to render indic > languages, I am NOT an expert in Encoding stds, So kindly read the following links, here the problems with Unicode and normal 8 bit encodings are discussed : http://acharya.iitm.ac.in/ind_fonts.html http://www.tenet.res.in/Donlab/Indlinux/index.html Comments are Welcome. > Please: Wait for Qt-3.2 beta, test it with the free RagHindi font > and then come back with what you think is missing. OK :) > You are talking about some proprietary encoding that encodes glyphs > again and not characters. We won't support this, as it will lead us > back into the hell from which Unicode is starting to free us. I am NOT talking about any "Proprietary Encoding". Here some people are having this type Indic 16 bit encoding idea. > You're mixing up things here. The X cursor API has _nothing_ to do > with cursor (or better caret) movement inside a text input widget. > X cursor is the mouse cursor. After spending more then one month of time with xlib, I found that the XCursor is Mouse Cursor :). So I am NOT mixing up TEXT Cursor with mouse cursor. It may happened due my bad English :) Apart from this, 1. I want have clear idea about "How the TEXT CURSOR is handled by the base text widget ( like qtextedit ) OR in KOffice ? 2. How to use 16 Bit/Unicode encoding in NORMAL C program (wchar_t) ? Is it correct place to discuss this above things ? If NOT, Plz direct me to the right list. Thanks, -- Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team, (__) DON Lab, TeNeT Group, oo ) IIT-Madras, Chennai-INDIA. (_/\ ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice