List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.3 alpha?
From:       Vadim Plessky <vplessky () faringosept ! ru>
Date:       2003-03-23 17:55:16

On Sunday 23 March 2003 19:48, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
|  Werner Trobin wrote:
|  >
|  >> 2-page datasheet .doc (multi-column tables, few images)?
|  >
|  > No images, but else it works nicely and is stable. The plan is to
|  > support Word 6 documents by Beta 1, but I can't promise that. Support
|  > for images should be there in KOffice 1.3, but I don't know whether I'll
|  > be able to implement it till Beta 2 (this semester is really busy).
|  >
|  > Ciao,
|  > Werner
|
|  Werner, there are still some serious issues importing w97/xp docs.
|  - header, footer
|  - page numbering
|  - tables
|  - (optional) font type replacement (IMHO very important, as this is the
|  "first" impression) - I know it has nothing to to with kword and the
| filter - multi-column (I get only the first page) and this one is not
| rendered completely correct.

I am certanly willing to test new filter and report bugs.
Testing KWord 1.2 filter makes no sense, as it is somewhat obsoleted and
replaced in 1.3
In addition to Cyrillic docs (Russian, Macedonian, Serbian languages), I have
test document in Chineese :-)

But most important is *tables*. Typical Word document has enermous number of
tables.  I would say, alsmot all formatting is done via tables (same as with
real-world web sites, designed with FrontPage).

--

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net