On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, David Faure wrote: > > Here Cursor positioning is the major problem, Bcoz of 1:2, 2:1, > > *:* mapping b/w Encoding and Glyph. > I don't know what those things are, obviously. Can you detail a bit? In English, 65 = A, 66 = B, ... . The application is storing the ASCII values. Here ASCII is nothing but a index for the glyphs. So app is easily calculate the width and place cursor in correct position. In Indian Languages, for example, 65 = A, 66 = B. But B is followed by A the output will be X / XAY / WXYZ ...etc. We like to handle this mapping in output side (By Encoding to Glyph mapping). Here problem is application know about 2 codes ( 65, 66), the output may be 1(X) / 2(AB) / 3(XAY) / 4(WXYZ). This mapping is done by our intermediate layer. So application don't know abt it and try to place the cursor in a wrong position. Now we are trying to make some interface b/w this. So that application ITSELF place the cursor in a correct position. Any correction or new views are also welcome. > Is it like the (Asian) XIM input stuff ? Combination XIM and XOM. XIM :( I tried that also, but I failed to successfully complete it. Due to the lack of understanding. AFAIK, It also work based on Glyphs. Plz correct me, if it is wrong. Thanks, -- Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team, (__) DON Lab, TeNeT Group, oo ) IIT-Madras, Chennai-INDIA. (_/\ ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice