List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Mr E_T <troll () logi ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-02-27 11:37:55

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> There are two different paper sizes:
> - the document one
> - the printer (system) one.
>
> Historically under Unix, the printer paper size is not known (as you have
> written, it is not the case of CUPS.)
>
> But we currently have a problem with the document page size, as QT cannot
> support a custom page size. Trolltech has now answered that this problem will
> be fixed in QT 3.2. Only then we could fix the next version of KDE to have a
> KPrinter supporting custom pages too. Finally when this is done, we will be
> able to fix the next KOffice (probably 1.4, probably out in late Summer
> 2004.)

While messing around with this I have noticed that there is a bug in kwords
kdeprint dialog usage.

If I print from kedit I get under the printer property dialog a choice of paper
size for most printer systems.

But under kword I only get the page size if I use cups and then use the
properies->driversettings and then choose ok. Then I have to reopen the print
dialog for the paper size list to be initialized.

I dont think this should happen.

 --
regs MR E_T