List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: wv2-0.0.7, from Russia with love
From:       James Grant <topace () lightbox ! org>
Date:       2003-02-26 15:44:03

Maybe  I missed, something, but even configuring with --without-gnome .. i
still get a libgsf dependency....

checking for libgsf-1 >= 1.7.2... Package libgsf-1 was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgsf-1.pc'
No package 'libgsf-1' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libgsf-1 >= 1.7.2) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a
nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
chaoz:/usr/src/kdecvs/wv2#

any idear what im doing wrong?

Cheers
  James

On February 25, 2003 10:23 am, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just released version 0.0.7 of the wv2 library. You can get a tarball
> containing anonymous CVS information at http://www.sf.net/projects/wvware
> Alternatively you can "cvs update" your local snapshot using anonymous CVS
> and the release tag WV2_0_0_7 (cvs update -r WV2_0_0_7)
>
> It now also builds on Debian systems using the libgsf-1.7.2-2 .deb and some
> grave bugs for documents containing tables are fixed. Various smaller
> improvements and some code clean up are in 0.0.7 too.
>
> Requirements:
> - Working C++ compiler with a recent STL implementation. Tested with gcc
> 2.95.2, 2.95.3, 3.2.2, pre3.2.3, Intel C++ 7.0. Please tell me about
> problems on other platforms
> - Recent iconv installation, should be a part of every modern Linux.
> FreeBSD users might have to install libiconv
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv) - libgsf-1.7.2
> (ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgsf/1.7). This library depends on
> glib 2 (www.gtk.org) and libxml2 (www.xmlsoft.org), if configured with the
> --without-gnome option (wv2 doesn't need the libgsf-gnome library).
>
> As libgsf uses pkg-config (http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/)
> during the build process, wv2 needs pkg-config to detect libgsf-1.
>
> If you have problems with building wv2, please contact me.
>
> Ciao,
> Werner
>
> P.S. Right now KWord has strange bugs in the table rendering code, so KWord
> will enter infinite loops on some documents. This is not related to the
> import filter, though.

- --
James Grant
topace@lightbox.org