List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Mr E_T <troll () logi ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-02-26 12:35:33

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> > Would it not be better to have kdeprint updated so that kword can set the
> > paper size using either custom or an existing preset size??
>
> The problem is QPrinter. However, you just remind me that if we do not bug
> Trolltech, QT will never be changed.

Cups requires that the Custom paper size be written as
Custom.WidthxLength[type]
ie a 4x6 inch card would be
   Custom.4.0x6.0in        inches
or Custom.101.6x152.4mm    millimetres
or Custom.10.16x15.24cm    centimeters
or Custom.288x432pt        points

If the printer class does not receive these measurements then it cant pass them
on.

Lprng and the others leav ghostscript to discover the pagesize from the output
and under kdeprint you dont get a choice of paper sizes for these.

This would seem to be the core of the whole problem!
--
regs MR E_T