List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: running without installing ?
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-26 5:36:03

David Faure wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 February 2003 17:44, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>> Is there any way to run kspread from CVS without installing it first ?
>
> No.
> (but you can install it into a custom prefix if you want)
>
> - --
> David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
> Qt/KDE/KOffice developer
> Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB, Platform-independent software solutions

 it depends ..

either use VNC or a remote X connection to a box where kspread is
installed.

writing this I wonder if this idea could/should be impemented for corporate
users because it would IMHO reduce the maintanance costs and TCO.
(BTW that's what I do in the office where I still need a NT workstation, I
run KDE in a VNC window)

--
cu
ferdinand