List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: more questions
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-02-23 8:44:50

On Saturday 22 February 2003 23:14, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> I have also been looking at QString.. It seems very large - am I being
> mistaken here ?

Hm, large in case of memory footprint, no.
Yes in case of computation time.

We haven't optimized here yet. QString is always the safest class, as it cares
itself about memory and Unicode issues.
In case it should be faster you can use sometimes QCString.

Only in very rare cases we use plain c strings.

> Is it reasonable to assume that an ASCII subset occurs more frequently
> (numbers, etc) and non-ASCII characters are typically entered by hand ?

As mentioned in the other mail: The values itself are already stored in a
correct way. m_strText and m_strOutText can be principally eliminated.

So what do you intend to do here?

Philipp