List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Experiences with KWord 1.2.1 (KDE3.1)
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () Physik ! TU-Muenchen ! DE>
Date:       2003-02-19 14:27:45

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:18:11PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> Font problems come and go but nobody has really found the reason.
>
> In your case, I especially surprised that "Urw Palladio i" would not work, as
I think this was a little bit confusing. I do not have a problem with
Urw Palladio i", I think this font is printed correctly, the problem
is the Verdana Font, which is not printed in italic.

Bit I encountered some font problems in KDE lately with
fontconfig. Maybe it has something to do with fontconfig.

> it should be known by GhostScript (or are you using a native PostScript
> printer?).

I just used "print as ps/pdf", whatever that uses:-)

Thanks,
Michael