List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Experiences with KWord 1.2.1 (KDE3.1)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-02-19 14:18:11

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 13:49, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:28:57PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Does it happens also when you set the grid to 0?
>
> Where can I configure this? I looked throug the options but I could
> not find anything.

In a German KWord, you choose "Einstellungen/KWord einrichten". Then you click
on the icon "Oberfläche". Then you have "Abstand der waagrechten
Gitterlinien" and "Abstand der senkrechten Gitterlinien".

(I have never tested it, so I do not know if there is a catch somewhere.)

(...)

> Another thing: I just printed out my curriculum vitae and realized
> that the italic fonts are printed as normal fonts. Anyway, I have the
> feeling that the fonts on screen and on the printed out version are
> not the same. I used Urw Palladio l and Verdana.

Font problems come and go but nobody has really found the reason.

In your case, I especially surprised that "Urw Palladio i" would not work, as
it should be known by GhostScript (or are you using a native PostScript
printer?).

(One wish that we have in KOffice is to control our PostScript output and not
let QT decide what is good or bad. Unfortunately, this will be a big task and
probably not something that will already be in KOffice 1.3.)

> I will add bugreports where appropriate.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Have a nice day/evening/night!