List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Experiences with KWord 1.2.1 (KDE3.1)
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () Physik ! TU-Muenchen ! DE>
Date:       2003-02-19 12:58:46

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:49:00PM +0100, JES wrote:

> A fine solution is to make a the drawing in another KOffice application and
> then include an object into the KWord document.
> But the problem I have then, is that when I send my document to someone else
> and he opens the document, he get confronted with the error "/home/<original
> user>/doc/inserted_document.kpr doesn't exist".
> Is there a solution for this ?

Using another KOffice application is fine if you want to import,
e.g. a complicated eps picture. But if I just want to add a line
somewhere or an arrow, especially somewhere in the text, this is not
possible. Would be nice to have this feature. I am thinking about
lines, rectangles, ellipses, maybe bezier curves which can be directly
added to the text. To some extend, one can use frames and just chose
one border as aline, but this is obviously not an elegant solution.

By the way, what about non-rectangular frames? It would be nice to put
text in an ellipse or so;-)

Take care,
Michael