List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: A killer app for KOffice/KDE?
From:       "Shaheed R. Haque" <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2003-02-17 23:56:59

I think this is an interesting and ambitious idea. However, I feel that the
real "killer app" for KOffice in the short term is first class MS Office
integration.

Why? Because the vast majority of the people who use office suites have little
need or desire for anything more complex than basic linear documents, with the
addition of embedding support. A multi-dimensional document is simply too
complex for most purposes.

Thanks, Shaheed

P.S. I don't mean to be inflammatory, but please direct any of the "why not
just ignore MS and go our own way" replies to /dev/null.