List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Re: Killer app for KOffice/KDE?
From:       "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2003-02-17 8:43:19

> > What I would really like to see is some kind of (Personal?) Content
> > Management System, where you can separate your content (the data you want to
> > publish) and its visible representation.

> Plone?

From what I have seen, Plone is implemented using Zope, i.e. Python.
What I would like to see is some kind of "native client", not some more or
less web client. Beside that, I didn't know that I can run Zope
applications "offline", i.e. as an generated snapshot, which I can upload
to a webserver as static HTML pages.

> What about webdav and kword?

I think webdav should be part of such a CMS, Word also. What I think is
missing is a possibility to define my own template sets, which I can use
throught my documentation.
And there is missing a data storage part. The data stored there should be
used to fill the documents. This could work similar to the current "mail
merge" functionality, nut on a higher level.

To build a full CMS, you also need other functionality like a Workflow
system, but unfortunately I cannot say much about this.

Regards
Dirk