List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Labels/cross references
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-01-25 11:31:30

On pią 24. stycznia 2003 21:39, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to create a documentation generator for a program called
> Umbrello UML Modeller (www.umbrello.org). In relation to this I would like
> to know (speaking of KWord 1.2 in Mandrake 9.0):
>
> 1a. Is there a way to create links to placeholders/bookmarks *within* the
> document (not speaking about external documents). Like "see this link to
> chapter 1" would bring me to chapter 1.
>
> 1b. Is there a way to insert cross references like "for details see chapter
> X", where X is a variable and thus it is updated automagically anytime the
> chapter number changes?

Only in CVS HEAD version of KWord. Bookmarks are connected with
paragraphs/sets of characters and not chapter numbers so AFAIK adding a
chapter would not break hyperlinks.

> 2. Is there a way to create captions of figures like "Figure X.Y:
> Description", where X is the chapter number, Y the figure number.

You can create captions like "Chapter 4.10:" but lists cannot be interlaced.
There was a discussion about list support in KWord started by me, but
currently I have no time to implement the ideas (I have to study for several
exams/contests). Recently Clarence Dang is working on lists but he seems to
be more focused on how export filters obtain information about paragraph
labels in lists (am I right?).

> These things surely work in TeX+derivatives. Back to KWord: I tried to
> create a style for figure captions and automatic numbering, but it ended up
> saying Figure 1 all the time, so I left it. So my third question is:
>
> 3. Is there a way to create numbered lists that are interrupted and
> continue where they left off? (I saw M$ Word do that - I'm sorry, I hate
> comparisons, too...)

Currently chapter numbering allows this. You can do this:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
	1. qaz
	2. wsx