List:       koffice
Subject:    Labels/cross references
From:       "BARTKO, Zoltan" <bartko.zoltan () pobox ! sk>
Date:       2003-01-24 19:40:48

Dear all,

I am trying to create a documentation generator for a program called
Umbrello UML Modeller (www.umbrello.org). In relation to this I would like
to know (speaking of KWord 1.2 in Mandrake 9.0):

1a. Is there a way to create links to placeholders/bookmarks *within* the
document (not speaking about external documents). Like "see this link to
chapter 1" would bring me to chapter 1.

1b. Is there a way to insert cross references like "for details see chapter
X", where X is a variable and thus it is updated automagically anytime the
chapter number changes?

2. Is there a way to create captions of figures like "Figure X.Y:
Description", where X is the chapter number, Y the figure number.

These things surely work in TeX+derivatives. Back to KWord: I tried to
create a style for figure captions and automatic numbering, but it ended up
saying Figure 1 all the time, so I left it. So my third question is:

3. Is there a way to create numbered lists that are interrupted and continue
where they left off? (I saw M$ Word do that - I'm sorry, I hate comparisons,
too...)

Then a final one:

4. Maybe it's just me, but I have some troubles getting used to the link
behaviour in KWord (right click, select a pop-up menu item, etc.). Is there
any effort being made to get it closer to the clicking behaviour of HTML?

Thanks for your advice in advance

Cheers

Zoltan