List:       koffice
Subject:    Security Settings when Creating PDFs?
From:       David Legg <david_legg () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-01-14 21:54:10

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a little bit off-topic but is there a way to set
PDF security settings such as no-copy or no-print when using Ghostscript
or another Linux-based PDF converter? I ask as the documents I am going
to send are to external Microsoft Windows users and I don't think it is
reasonable under the circumstances to send documents in a format that is
readily changeable.
I fully realise that PDF is not a secure format and it is hackable but I
want to make it counter productive for people of modest IT skills to be
able try to copy (Ctrl+C etc) or especially to change the document. I've
had a look around and I can't see anyway it might be done, and it may
not be possible from Ghostscript due to its open nature but maybe from
another Linux PDF converter?

Thanks in advance,

David