List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Filters
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-01-09 16:26:17

As you are to become a developer, you should start following (and perhaps
subscribe to) the koffice-devel mailing list. (Info and subscribing:

You also need a development version of KOffice (so called KOffice CVS HEAD).
Please note that it only works with KDE 3.1.x, so you will need to have KDE
3.1 RC 6.

As for what you need to know, it depends on which filter. In any case, knowing
C++ is needed. ;-) Knowning a few base classes of QT helps too. (QByteArray,
QString, QCString, QTextStream, QDataStream, QTextCodec.)

Mostly the problems with filters is the documentation of the non-KOffice
format. However, as you have not told on which filter you would prefer to
work, it is difficult to give more details.

The status of the development filters is at:
http://www.koffice.org/filters/status.phtml

Have a nice day/evening/night!

PS.: If you would think that it is too much for you, you can still help us for
example by trying to find files that break the filters and report the
problems to KDE Bugs ( http://bugs.kde.org ) or by helping us to document the
filters.