List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: msword filter
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-01 20:35:34

On Wednesday 01 January 2003 20:50, Zombie Zombie wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.. ehrm.. Zombie :-)

> While trying to open MS Word2000 file in KWord, it
> shows the error "missing import filter for
> application/msword"
> Where can I find the required filter ? Is it included
> with the standard KOffice RPMs ?? I have the following
> RPMs installed:
> kdesupport-2.1-3
> kdelibs-2.1.2-1
> koffice-2.0.1-2

Wow, this versions are really really outdated. You should consider to upgrade
to KDE 3.0.5a and KOffice 1.2.1.

KOffice 1.2.1 includes a MS Word filter which doesn't utilize the wv2 library,
so you don't need this library if you decide to go for 1.2.1. If you'd like
to see the new filter you'll have to download KOffice from the CVS server (or
the mirrors, or cvsup, or via snapshots,... see
http://developer.kde.org/build/index.html)

> On searching the archives, I found the word-view2
> filter. But the associated URL:
> www.sbox.tugraz.at/home/t/trobin/wv2-20020910.tar.bz2

Yep, this is an old snapshot I removed. You can now get version 0.0.4 from the
sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wvware

Ciao,
Werner