List:       koffice
Subject:    question about frame ordering and text flow
From:       Sean Cavanagh <sean.cavanagh () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2002-12-27 18:34:55

Hello,

I'm using kword 1.1.1 to create a small pamphlet.

The goal is to print the text on the page in landscape, in two columns,
stack the pages, and then fold the whole mess in half, and have a small
book.

This means that the text flow needs to be somewhat unorthodox,
specifically, like this:

Page 1: H | A
Page 2: B | G
Page 3: F | C
Page 4: D | E

where A is the first block of text, B is the second and so on.
To put it another way, if one were to concatenate A, B, C.. H, and paste
it into a text editor, the text would all be in the correct order.

So I've got the kword document with a bunch of frames on it, but KWord
seems to insist on renumbering the frames from top to bottom, so that
the text flows like this:

Page 1: B | A
Page 2: D | C
Page 3: E | F
Page 4: G | G

Any thoughts on how I can manually order these frames to get my wacky
text flow?

Thanks for your time,

Sean Cavanagh