List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kspread matrix functions
From:       John Dailey <dailey () vt ! edu>
Date:       2002-12-22 4:54:15

On Saturday 21 December 2002 10:40 am, Gustavo E Tenrreiro wrote:
> Do you know if there are any plans to create a set of matrix functions for
> Kspread then ?.
> I see the need for those functions as essential I would say, especially for
> engineering study. I know there are a lot of other tools for this kind of
> calculations but I still think that a spreadsheet like kspread should
> provide this kind of functionality.
> Who can I talk to if I want to contribute to the project?

well, this list is a good start  :-)  koffice-devel@mail.kde.org is the place
for questions about koffice development.

Adding new functions is a good way to start with KSpread because it's easier
to jump right in without having to understand the structure of the whole
program.  Check developer.kde.org for instructions on how to get a CVS
checkout of koffice.  In the kspread subdirectory you'll see several files
like kspread_functions_trig.cc, kspread_functions_engineering.cc, and so on.
Look in those files and you can probably get an idea of how the functions are
added.

There's probably a million things I left out, but just jump right in and ask
questions on koffice-devel and you'll be fine.  Look through the
developer.kde.org site as well.

-John