List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: automatic syllabification in KWord
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-11-25 23:45:58

On Monday 25 November 2002 21:23, Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I couldn' t find any automatic syllabification in KWord. Did i overlook
> something or isn' t there such a function?

There is not any such function. You will have to add soft hyphens where you
find that words are too long.

I suppose that the main reason why it is missing is that such features are
language-dependant. For now, German writing people have complained the most,
but nobody has volunteered to do any work in this direction.

> Besides this, i noticed a small bug: if i insert a special caracter, it
> appears bold on the screen and on the printout, even if the text is not
> bold.

Could you try it with a letter that you know that it exist as non-bold version
in your font? (Please test for example with a simple latin letter like a)

If the symptom persists, please use KDE Bugs http://bugs.kde.org to be sure
that your bug will not be forgotten.

> For the rest of the programm: congratulations to this good work.

Thank you!

> Marco

Have a nice day/evening/night!