List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Seth Kurtzberg <seth () cql ! com>
Date:       2002-11-06 15:24:47

Actually, in MS Word the commonly available business card sheets are
preloaded, so you can make a business card without doing any formatting
whatsoever.  Which wouldn't be hard to do for kword and would make it
easier for less sophisticated users.  I agree with Vadim that "under the
covers" kword does this in a superior way to MS word.

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 00:42, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 November 2002 4:38 am, Seth Kurtzberg wrote:
> |  Hey, _I_ do business cards with kword (I used to do it with MS Word).
> |  But then, I'm artistically challenged...   :)
>
> Hey, KWord is different from MS Word! :-)
> As KWord has frame-based design, it's quite convinient to prepare one business
> crad *in frame*, print it out.
> When you are satisfied with results - copy frame several times, re-position,
> print out.
> That's the same sequence of operations you would do in Ventura or CorelDRAW.
> Major difference is that KWord comes for free :-))
>
> As about MS Word, most likely you will have to creat eone big table, re-format
> table so that each cell can accept your business card inside, and put cell
> content.  It's nightmare, as MS Word tend to lose settings for tables, and
> there is no true WYSIWYG for tables in WinWord.
>

> |  On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 13:34, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> |  > On Tuesday 05 November 2002 7:03 pm, Piotr Gawrysiak wrote:
> [...]
> |  >
> |  > P.S. yes, I know some people writing office Memos in Corel DRAW.
> |  > And another man who was preparing tables in PowerPoint (monthly sales
> |  > results per country).  And some people prepare business cards in MS
> |  > Word. :-))
> |  >

> --
>
> Vadim Plessky
> http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
> 33 Window Decorations and 6 Widget Styles for KDE
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html
> KDE mini-Themes
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/themes/

Seth Kurtzberg