On 4 Nov 2002, Julien Olivier wrote: > Hi > > I really think you can't say Koffice is EXCELLENT. If we forget the > filters problem for koffice and the slow start problem of OOO, > OpenOffice is still better than koffice in terms of features. Of course > I know OOO has more developers than koffice and staroffice is older than > koffice. But that's a fact that OpenOffice is a better office > application for advanced office work. And when I say advanced, I only > mean creating a diagram or adding some graphical effects to your text. I > also admit that for simple office work (writing a simple text and > printing it, or creating a simple spreadsheet), koffice is great. I can say that koffice is excellent! I disgree that koffice has less features, it just has *different* ones - the frame paradigm of koffice is actully a lot more useful for what many, many users want to do (yes, I am exposed to "normal" users, btw - i work deploying koffice to them. please don't accuse me of being isolated from them without first familiarising yourself with me.) There are features which I agree koffice needs (revision control being the big one on my list, as I can't see it anywhere, but I won't have time to look at the problem of implenting it for a while), but for many home users, and many business users (not all, obnviously), the featureset of koffice is actully more useful than the feature set of oo.org. and I have the users to prove it ;) -- jj ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice