List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Need some information
From:       Marco Zanon <info () marcozanon ! com>
Date:       2002-11-04 18:13:44

> Hello,

hi,

> can you tell me if it is possible to read MS Office Documents
> like: *.doc, *.xls or *.ppt with the KOffice Package?
> (we have some Document written with the Office Package of
> Microsoft and need to read them with an Office product for KDE)

actually... yes, it's possible, since KWord supports Word
importing, and so do KSpread with Excel and KPresenter with
Powerpoint...
anyway, if you have a complex document, you might loose some
formatting attributes, since importing/exporting towards
Microsoft products is unfortunately far from being perfect...

if you want to switch to the Linux world, please consider
converting your documents to the OpenOffice (Writer, Calc,
Impress) formats, since they are probably going to become a new
(free, multiplatform) standard and KOffice is going to support
them (maybe better than Microsoft formats?)...

thanks :)

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]