List:       koffice
Subject:    kspread: input dates
From:       "Carsten A. Friebel" <carsten_friebel () web ! de>
Date:       2002-11-03 22:56:38

Hello,

I don't know if I am right on this list to suggest features. If not I
would like to get directions because I want to take part in the
following discussions.

I have to use M$ Excel still at work but at home I using KDE on my
desktop. I found some functions which are quite good and I tested them
on my KDE 2.2.1 and on the linuxworldexpo in Frankfurt last week on a
demo system in the kde booth. They are not available in kspread. This
is some kind of a wishlist.

The German Version of Excel excepts different inputs for dates and
converts them to dates in the display of the cell. Following are
excepted:

23/2
23/2/02
23.2
23.2.02

those are converted into 23rd of February 2002. This is accepted also
in M$ Access as date inputs in date fields. This is something what
helps in usability of kspread.

If somebody likes to implement such things I would be thankfull.

regards

Carsten

--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age
eighteen. -- Albert Einstein