List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Julien Olivier <julien.olivier () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-11-04 9:52:16

Hi

I really think you can't say Koffice is EXCELLENT. If we forget the
filters problem for koffice and the slow start problem of OOO,
OpenOffice is still better than koffice in terms of features. Of course
I know OOO has more developers than koffice and staroffice is older than
koffice. But that's a fact that OpenOffice is a better office
application for advanced office work. And when I say advanced, I only
mean creating a diagram or adding some graphical effects to your text. I
also admit that for simple office work (writing a simple text and
printing it, or creating a simple spreadsheet), koffice is great.

But don't say that OpenOffice is not as good as koffice.