Hi, > On Monday 04 November 2002 14:02, Charles de Miramon wrote: >> > Still of course this might be matter of taste... I wonder what are >> other >> > people opinions. >> > >> I agree with David, MsWord graphics work very badly. KWord approach is >> better. >> KOffice is a collection of tools each one tailored for a specific use >> that >> should work well together, there is no need to duplicate functionalities >> in >> different applications > > Sure but if people really want "native" drawing objects in KWord, like > kpresenter > sort of has already, we could have a common lib for that (iirc this was > the idea > behind kopainter? I guess a more recent version of this would be karbon's > libs) Well kopainter and vkopainter (in karbon's libs) were done independently, but have about the same goals. IMHO the datastructures for representing shapes/paths/lines are quite mature, easy and suited to this task, so if we want "native" drawing this is the way to go... > But most of the reasons given by Piotr are things that could be fixed, > even with > embedded objects, IMHO... I personally find the current embedding and editing and ui switches a bit "heavy", clumsy and non-intuitive, but at least it works. Cheers, Rob. ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice