List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       "Piotr Gawrysiak" <pgawrysiak () supermedia ! pl>
Date:       2002-11-04 11:23:31

David,

> Interesting - what's wrong with embedding a small drawing object (e.g.
karbon in koffice)?
I guess that it is a matter of personal preference, but for example for me
(with objects):

- I have to switch to another aplication (and even if this is embeded
object, I must first activate it prior to editing)
- I have to draw within other application working area and not *on* the
document I am preparing
- There is no paragraph or word level control over graphical elements
placement
- Font/colors/styles handling - with embeded objects I cannot (for example)
select all document's content's and globally change lines color (note also
that in typical document you would have to use several separate embedded
object in various places of the document)
- It sometimes gives finer control over document elements placement (KWord -
being a frame-based editor - mostly addresses this issue though)

Still of course this might be matter of taste... I wonder what are other
people opinions.

> I know that MSWord can insert lines/rectangles/etc. directly into the
text,
> but this never worked as I wanted (drawings moved in random directions
Hmmm, well, MSWord *implementation* of this idea definitely leaves much to
be desired :-)

Piotr Gawrysiak