List:       koffice
Subject:    ms word documents
From:       Will Watson <wcwatson () cox-internet ! com>
Date:       2002-11-03 5:53:31

Hello,

For the life of me, I can't seem to open a MS word document in KWord. KSpread
works good. Every time I attempt to open a document, a dialog tells me that
the format is not suppoerted. These documents were created with Word97 w/o
the quick-save mess turned on. I am using the default install of Mandrake
9.0. This file type, by default, was set to Netscape plugger. I have changed
all of this to reflect that KWord is the default app. I have also noticed
that, from within KWord, if I try to open (file>open) to one of these
documents, it doesn't show up in the list of files in the open dialog box,
even if I change the file-type-to-open selection at the bottom of the dialog
to 'MSWord Documents'. Thanks for any help you can give me on this. This, as
with a lot of people from waht I gather, is the last hurdle I must get across
to completely reomove myself from the 'wonderful' world of Windows.

Thank you,

Will